Tuesday, January 27, 2009

 

Quick update

Work has been steady, bordering on busy, since the new year started, so I haven't updated much. I'm finishing up that Elvis book I mentioned a few posts ago. Give me a break, it's like 600 pages! Speaking of Elvis, I'm listening to the closing night Vegas show from February 1974. His ex-wife Priscilla and then-girlfriend Linda were both in the audience, sitting together(!). He supposedly makes a comment about Mike Stone, the karate instructor Priscilla was dating then, so I'm keeping an ear out for that.

We've been going to the dog park quite a bit, as the dogs freaking love it. We went three times last weekend. Kirby usually picks out the largest dog and attempts to chase it; sometimes they play along and sometimes they don't.

L has surgery scheduled for February 10. It's routine, but requires general anesthesia, so... tense about that.

My mother is having hip replacement surgery on March 4, which she has totally needed for over a year, so it will be a relief for her not to have the pain of two bones rubbing together, with the nerves in between being pinched.

So yeah, I'm doing fine, just worrying about family.

Oh, Kate, we're thinking of a trip to Memphis and would like some tips. Definitely doing Graceland. It's like the Grand Canyon. Must see it.

We had some really excellent Chinese food last night to celebrate Chinese New Year. Yum. Leftovers for lunch today, with fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow.

Finally, our cat Buzz apparently gets cold. Yesterday he climbed under a blanket and snuggled in.

Comments:
I'll be thinking happy thoughts for your wife and mother until then.
 
Ditto on the happy thoughts. As for the Memphis trip, I'll try to come up with a few must-sees and send it your way. When are you planning to go?
 
Preferably when wife and mother are well. No set date.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?