Tuesday, January 13, 2009

 

Did you know...?

...that I have a copy of Elvis Presley's social security card in my wallet? It's true:



You know what's really strange? I don't even have a copy of my own social security card in my wallet. If I remember correctly, I gave it to a college girlfriend (who I discovered just had her first baby... weird!).


What's the strangest thing in your wallet/purse?


In other news, one of our cats escaped yesterday afternoon, the generally lazy and unadventurous Buzz. I knew something was wrong the second I called "dinner!" and two dogs and one cat ran in to the room, but Buzz did not. This cat lives to eat. Long story short, I was wandering through the neighbors' yards with a flashlight (of course he did this when the Sun sets at freaking 4pm!) and calling out his name, stopping every few seconds to listen. I finally heard a little mewing sound and pointed the flashlight under the neighbors' back porch. Buzz was in the far corner, looking like he realized he had made a serious mistake sneaking out and regretted the whole affair.

He literally ran into my arms and let me carry him inside. Laura and I were on the verge of tears, after almost two hours of searching every hiding spot in the house and circling the block looking for him. I was left with a slightly sick feeling that didn't go away until I went to bed. It got into the low 20s last night, which would have been traumatic for a cat used to sleeping on a soft blanket next to the heat vent.

Comments:
You gave your social security card to an ex-girlfriend? I don't even know what to say about that.

Glad to hear you found your kitty! Poor kitty :( My cats run outside every once in awhile, but they usually come back within five minutes, mewing for food and attention.

The strangest thing I have in my wallet is my husband's college ID. I stole it from him like two years ago, and just haven't gotten around to giving it back. It's not even a good picture of him.
 
I'm with L about the Social Security card. That's a bit strange, but I'm sure there's a story behind it.

Given the plethora of store discount cards and actual necessities like credit cards and stuff, there's not an awful lot of room left in my crappy wallet. I did find a check from a DJ gig that probably should have been deposited.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?