Monday, December 15, 2008
Still here!
Hey, I know this blog has been neglected. On one hand, I blame the full-on embrace of Twitter. When I can say it in 30 words or less, why bother trying to find a topic worth blogging? On the other hand, I've kind of felt like this recently:
I only have THREE more days of work this year, then I'm done until 2009. I won't do a full roundup of 2008 yet, but this year has been good to us. Laura's job picked up, we got Kirby, we both stayed healthy, Laura's mom is finally almost better. We made it to Vegas for the first time!
On the sad side, I lost a grandfather (mother's side) and a grandmother (father's side) in a period of one week, bringing a truly shitty end to the summer and dropping my number of grandparents from three to one.
We are really looking forward to this break. All of Laura's sisters will be together, with their respective spouses, in one place, for the first time since October 2007 (last unmarried sister's wedding).
Finally, you know what? Since I think maybe four people read this blog, and most of them are also friends on Facebook, I may as well do something I've never done on this blog before... post of pic of myself. Here I am with my better half from New Year's Eve a few years ago:
In closing, I'm doing well and feelin' fine. I've been listening to Elvis Presley Vegas shows, circa 1969, when he was kicking ass and taking names... Highly recommended stuff, all.

(2) There are many comfortable places to nap in our house.
I only have THREE more days of work this year, then I'm done until 2009. I won't do a full roundup of 2008 yet, but this year has been good to us. Laura's job picked up, we got Kirby, we both stayed healthy, Laura's mom is finally almost better. We made it to Vegas for the first time!
On the sad side, I lost a grandfather (mother's side) and a grandmother (father's side) in a period of one week, bringing a truly shitty end to the summer and dropping my number of grandparents from three to one.
We are really looking forward to this break. All of Laura's sisters will be together, with their respective spouses, in one place, for the first time since October 2007 (last unmarried sister's wedding).
Finally, you know what? Since I think maybe four people read this blog, and most of them are also friends on Facebook, I may as well do something I've never done on this blog before... post of pic of myself. Here I am with my better half from New Year's Eve a few years ago:
In closing, I'm doing well and feelin' fine. I've been listening to Elvis Presley Vegas shows, circa 1969, when he was kicking ass and taking names... Highly recommended stuff, all.
Comments:
<< Home
First, congrats on being done for the year! Take some naps on clean laundry for the next few weeks!
Second, you posted a pic of yourself once a few years (maybe?) ago, but it was itty bitty picture of you on a tree or something.
I like how you guys are all color-coordinated, down to her lipstick.
Post a Comment
Second, you posted a pic of yourself once a few years (maybe?) ago, but it was itty bitty picture of you on a tree or something.
I like how you guys are all color-coordinated, down to her lipstick.
<< Home


