Friday, November 07, 2008

 

Sleep well, little guy...

Just read that the Mars rover is on it's last legs. Hope he goes peacefully. The little guy proved there was water on Mars and even detected snowfall on the planet! I'm feeling a little sad about this... (Details HERE.)

Excerpt:

NASA has begun bidding a planned goodbye to its Phoenix Mars Lander. The lander relies on solar panels and the sun's golden touch to reawaken it each day, but a dust storm has hastened the end in the face of the oncoming Martian winter.
and

Readers can still catch Phoenix's personal Twitter stream from the popular social networking site, complete with robotic tweets such "Space exploration FTW!"

Aw... I may cry...

Comments:
These two "tweets" actually did make me tear up:

Take care of that beautiful blue marble out there in space, our home planet. I’ll be keeping an eye from here. Space exploration FTW!

and

I should stay well-preserved in this cold. I'll be humankind's monument here for centuries, eons, until future explorers come for me ;-)
 
Aw, that's sad :(
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?