Monday, October 27, 2008
Babies everywhere
Wow, quite a while between posts. I haven't been particularly busy or depressed or anything, just haven't been in much of a mood to post. We watched Baby Mama over the weekend, the same night Amy Pohler had her baby in real life, as it turned out. It was pretty funny, though I wonder if it pissed off women who used surrogates to have babies. The whole (SPOILER ALERT) "surprise, you're pregnant yourself! It's a miracle!" usually doesn't happen in real life, though I did have a really good friend ask me to write a letter of recommendation for he and his wife to adopt a baby and I wrote a great letter, and a few weeks later he called me and said his wife was pregnant. Good for them, but it was kind of a letdown, frankly. It was a fantastic letter.
Then the other night on Dexter, his girlfriend is pregnant and he's going to be a dad. A serial killer, a father. It's like everyone involved in popular culture is at the age where they're having babies, and they're reminding us about it every day.
Then the other night on Dexter, his girlfriend is pregnant and he's going to be a dad. A serial killer, a father. It's like everyone involved in popular culture is at the age where they're having babies, and they're reminding us about it every day.
