Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Update
Still here and all that. Just don't have a lot to share. A few things:
(1) Laura's mom is back home (yay!) and felt well enough to keep the German shepherd we've been keeping for what feels like decades (double yay!) so now our house is down to the original two dogs, who are so much better behaved without the bad influence of the other dog. They don't bark at people walking by on the sidewalk! They don't shed! Yay! I took them both for a long walk after work yesterday since the weather was so mild. They had a great time.
(2) My last fall book went to the printer on Monday! Now my full focus is on the spring, with a record six titles under my watch. Yikes! So far so good.
(3) Lego Batman for the Wii looks so good. I can't wait to play it. I finished Lego Indiana Jones last weekend, between mowing with the tractor and cutting up a fallen tree with the chainsaw.
(4) Laura's job has really kicked into high gear and she's reaching the point where she needs a vacation. The problem is coordinating our schedules. I'm basically free any time in October, except the 14th, when I am attending a workshop. Laura said she wanted to go that week (of course). We need to sit down with a calendar and see what will work. Planning a vacation shouldn't be stressful.
(1) Laura's mom is back home (yay!) and felt well enough to keep the German shepherd we've been keeping for what feels like decades (double yay!) so now our house is down to the original two dogs, who are so much better behaved without the bad influence of the other dog. They don't bark at people walking by on the sidewalk! They don't shed! Yay! I took them both for a long walk after work yesterday since the weather was so mild. They had a great time.
(2) My last fall book went to the printer on Monday! Now my full focus is on the spring, with a record six titles under my watch. Yikes! So far so good.
(3) Lego Batman for the Wii looks so good. I can't wait to play it. I finished Lego Indiana Jones last weekend, between mowing with the tractor and cutting up a fallen tree with the chainsaw.
(4) Laura's job has really kicked into high gear and she's reaching the point where she needs a vacation. The problem is coordinating our schedules. I'm basically free any time in October, except the 14th, when I am attending a workshop. Laura said she wanted to go that week (of course). We need to sit down with a calendar and see what will work. Planning a vacation shouldn't be stressful.
