Saturday, September 06, 2008

 

Back home, but not feeling back to normal yet

I have no idea how to get back into blogging. I saw someone die a week and a half ago. Literally saw him take his last breath. I saw another person minutes after she died. I had to express an opinion on a choice of coffin. I wrote a portion of a eulogy and delivered it to a packed church (and holy crap, do I hate public speaking!). I went to two 2-hour visitations, two funerals, two burials, and two post-funeral luncheons. I had a brief conversation with an uncle the entire family hates (including me).

Meanwhile at my job, I left two manuscripts unread on my desk, two more I was waiting for came in, I need to find reviewers for three manuscripts, meet with art department on a book cover, and meet with HR to discuss how to mark the timesheet for the past two weeks (and oh boy, that could be drama, we'll see).

Right now, the only area of my life in which I seem to have any control is organizing the house. Today I emptied the fridge of bad food, mowed the lawn just ahead of Hanna coming through (and soaking the basement, thanks Hanna, you douche), cleaned the kitchen, did several loads of laundry, emptied my car, filled a few bags with clothes for donation, and went to the grocery store.

This afternoon I watched the first four episodes of the second season of Heroes on DVD. I didn't watch a single episode when it was on last season, and I know it was derided, but watching them in a row like this, I can see the deliberate pacing they were going for, and I can also see why viewers found it frustratingly slow. Watching several in a row is definitely the way to go.

I guess I will eventually get back into the swing of writing about goofy shit, but right now I just have death on my mind.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?