Monday, July 21, 2008

 

Option #2

Now I'm thinking maybe I pulled a muscle in my left shoulder somehow, because it started aching like hell Sunday morning. I'm making an appointment for a physical this morning. It's been about a decade, so I'm due. As my wife pointed out, two years ago her aunt thought she pulled a muscle, and she ended up having liver cancer (Jesus, thanks for reminding me about that!).

Creepy paranoid body issues aside, we had a really nice weekend. Saturday we went to a nice lunch then came home and finally watched I Am Legend, courtesy of Netflix. We both liked it. Only I had seen the Charlton Heston and Vincent Price versions as well, but Laura still pointed out that she felt they had left some stuff out. (Wonder what the chances are she'd read the Matheson novella? Unlikely. She doesn't like scary stuff, and his book is pretty horror.) There were ZERO extras, which was surprising and cheap of the studio. Is there some deluxe 2-disc set out or coming?

De, I got the email about the Criterion sale as well. I ended up ordering Two-Lane Blacktop and Throne of Blood. James Taylor and Dennis Wilson in a road movie, and a Samurai version of Macbeth? Hot damn! Makes me wish I could order about 10 more, but gotta show restraint.

Beginning week two of the 9-day pay period experiment. The woman who used to get here before me retired last Friday, so from now on, I'll be the first one on this floor and have to turn on all the lights. Hello? Echo-O-O-O-o-o-o-o-o-o-o...

Comments:
Dude, stop hurting yourself!

Hope you're not too lonely at work in the mornings. At least you'll be free to walk around without shoes or anything for awhile, right? Maybe?
 
Shoes, pants, whatever. Clothing optional!

Hope to get to the bottom of this soon. Appointment at 10am Wednesday.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?