Tuesday, July 01, 2008

 

FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, not really, but it is for me! Taking the rest of the week off, as I mentioned in the last post, when I called you "bitches" (sorry 'bout that!).

Got some DVDs and books in my future, and a few naps, and hopefully getting out in the bay in the boat, and probably need to climb on the tractor and mow the field, having been gone for so long and not being sure how much father-in-law got done. Also looking at time in the pool, and grilling things for dinner (chicken, beef, corn, vegetables, etc.).

We're being all social and crap, inviting people down there to partake in the fun, and the summer weekends are filling up.

My job isn't exactly stressful (knock on wood), but I realize we really need this vacation. I'm bringing the laptop, but only for fun things, no work emails will be read. So I'll update blog now and then with pics to make you jealous as you work ;-).

I close today with two pictures:

Is this a double dose of bad luck: Open umbrella in the house plus a black cat under it? Or do the two cancel each other out and it becomes just a cute pic I took yesterday?



Is this the coolest comic of the 1970s? Peter Parker takes Mary Jane to the Saturday Night Live show (Neat in-jokes: Stan Lee is the host and Rick Jones is the musical guest!). The Silver Samurai shows up and fights John Belushi, who is in full costume as a samurai!

Interesting to note that this is from the second season of the show, since Chevy Chase had already left to "chase" movie stardom, and Bill Murray had replaced him (Murray is the bland white guy to the left of Belushi on the cover, and the one SNL member the comic artist did not get down accurately. He never looks like Bill Murray in the comic. Dan Aykroyd, on the other hand, was captured exactly by the artist.

Comments:
What the hell is wrong with Garrett Morris's eyes?
 
That's what I was getting ready to say! It's creepy!

Have a fun weekend, Smack. Hopefully I'll have a doctor in the family by the time you return. (Cross your fingers.)
 
that cover is amazing. snl and spiderman? it is what nerd-dreams are made of!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?