Thursday, June 12, 2008
Sunlight and crack
After days of temps hovering near 100, I really wanted to take advantage of yesterday's balmy 88 degrees, especially in light of the news that people who get a little daily sunlight "enjoy a significantly reduced risk for heart attacks, diabetes, and even breast cancer." This is something I am denied in my little windowless office (recently dubbed "the hotbox." See recent twitter at left.). I took each of the three dogs in our house for a walk, one at a time. Starting with the old German shepherd, we went two blocks down, one block right, two blocks up, and one block right. Then taking the kerry blue pup, we went two blocks down, two blocks left, two blocks up, and two blocks right. Finally, the wheaton and I went four blocks down, two blocks right, four blocks up, and two blocks right. Total time was about 45 minutes. I got some sunlight, and all the dogs felt special because each got to take a walk alone with me. I'm democratic that way.

You don't need to be a regular reader of Apartment 3-G to appreciate today's strip. Just know that it's two people doing crack, and the blond is thinking of becoming a dealer of said drug, just to make enough cash to keep buying said (nice circle there). And his square girlfriend--who has no idea he does drugs at all--is knocking at the door. "Sorry, Baby. I didn't mean to kill your buzz" is a sentence I hope to use someday. And "Slow down, Haley. I'm too high to think right now" is something I'm tempted to say at the next long, boring staff meeting, even keeping the name "Haley" in the sentence, regardless of the name (or sex) of the person asking me a question.
* * * * *

You don't need to be a regular reader of Apartment 3-G to appreciate today's strip. Just know that it's two people doing crack, and the blond is thinking of becoming a dealer of said drug, just to make enough cash to keep buying said (nice circle there). And his square girlfriend--who has no idea he does drugs at all--is knocking at the door. "Sorry, Baby. I didn't mean to kill your buzz" is a sentence I hope to use someday. And "Slow down, Haley. I'm too high to think right now" is something I'm tempted to say at the next long, boring staff meeting, even keeping the name "Haley" in the sentence, regardless of the name (or sex) of the person asking me a question.

