Wednesday, April 16, 2008
How much would YOU pay?!?
Cue the infomercial/game show music...
Wife and I took the dogs for a walk after I mowed the lawn yesterday afternoon, and on the final street before the turn back to ours, we saw an old house had been emptied out, as in maybe the elderly owner had died and the next of kin or the new owners were dragging all the old stuff to the curb. We're not known for dumpster diving, but a couple of things were tempting. We passed on the two dining chairs, but then I saw it:
Aluminum with all-weather vinyl cushions! It has to be from the 1950s. This baby is in fantastic shape and would be worth some money to a collector. How much would you pay?
Doesn't matter, because it's for me, baby! I foresee summer afternoons laying in the shade with a paperback and a drink. Awesome find. Definitely the find of the week so far.
Here's another pic. Go ahead, looking's free. Touchin'll cost ya!

Wife and I took the dogs for a walk after I mowed the lawn yesterday afternoon, and on the final street before the turn back to ours, we saw an old house had been emptied out, as in maybe the elderly owner had died and the next of kin or the new owners were dragging all the old stuff to the curb. We're not known for dumpster diving, but a couple of things were tempting. We passed on the two dining chairs, but then I saw it:
Aluminum with all-weather vinyl cushions! It has to be from the 1950s. This baby is in fantastic shape and would be worth some money to a collector. How much would you pay?
Doesn't matter, because it's for me, baby! I foresee summer afternoons laying in the shade with a paperback and a drink. Awesome find. Definitely the find of the week so far.
Here's another pic. Go ahead, looking's free. Touchin'll cost ya!

