Thursday, March 06, 2008
Still here
Haven't abandoned the blog. Just been smacked (pun) at work. I'm trying to get three books to the printer all in the same week, and there's a metric ton of stuff to juggle.
Oh, I got a call from Library of Congress asking for an extra copy of one of our books. There was a Congressional request for it!
(I know, some poor intern was probably given the assignment of explaining ________ in a 2-page report by Friday for Senator Douchebag and the request is from him. Still, that assignment beats having a member of Congress attempt to seduce you, or pick you up in the bathroom, right? Congress is full of repressed, closeted, self-loathing, married Republicans who make speeches about how we need a constitutional amendment to "protect marriage" while secretly wanting to just move to Miami Beach and cuddle with a waiter named Ramon.)
Whew, that's a long aside!
I have to go across the street for a dentist appointment, so let's just close with the iPod game. Been a while since I've reported the first five in "shuffle" mode, so here we go:
(1) Are You Ready for War? by The Clash
(2) Sunday in the Park by Puffy AmiYumi
(3) One Slip by Pink Floyd
(4) Transmission by Joy Division
(5) Ghostdancing by Simple Minds
Bonus track:
Girl From the North Country by Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan
Lost tonight!
Oh, I got a call from Library of Congress asking for an extra copy of one of our books. There was a Congressional request for it!
(I know, some poor intern was probably given the assignment of explaining ________ in a 2-page report by Friday for Senator Douchebag and the request is from him. Still, that assignment beats having a member of Congress attempt to seduce you, or pick you up in the bathroom, right? Congress is full of repressed, closeted, self-loathing, married Republicans who make speeches about how we need a constitutional amendment to "protect marriage" while secretly wanting to just move to Miami Beach and cuddle with a waiter named Ramon.)
Whew, that's a long aside!
I have to go across the street for a dentist appointment, so let's just close with the iPod game. Been a while since I've reported the first five in "shuffle" mode, so here we go:
(1) Are You Ready for War? by The Clash
(2) Sunday in the Park by Puffy AmiYumi
(3) One Slip by Pink Floyd
(4) Transmission by Joy Division
(5) Ghostdancing by Simple Minds
Bonus track:
Girl From the North Country by Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan
Lost tonight!

