Friday, March 07, 2008

 

Something cool for Friday

I never really understood the fascination with "urban vinyl" toys. Overpriced plastic from Japan in highly stylized, cartoony sculpts? To whom do these appeal? Hipsters who put them in their offices as an ironic accessory?

Well, lemme say I see the point now. I just needed a frame of reference that a dumb western-world boy could grasp. Take a gander:


Star Wars characters done in the "urban vinyl" style. Isn't Chewbacca adorable? And check out the hipster package design:


The best part is that they're available in regular stores, including Target(!) and cost just under $10. I haven't bought much of anything recently (y'know, besides a sink, faucets, light fixtures, pipes, etc. from Home Depot), but when I saw Toys R Us was having a "buy 2, get 1 free" sale, I had to pick them up. I now have Chewie, Boba Fett, and Darth Vader in chunky cartoon style, all for $20.

May have news and pictures on Monday of a new addition to our family... a furry addition, and no, we're not having a werewolf baby!

Comments:
Are you getting a REAL wookie?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?