Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 

Irish dogs and Irish beer

A quiet but enjoyable St. Patrick's Day. We took the dogs on a long walk, then found the NYC St. Patrick's Day parade on TV and had it on as background for 2.5 hours. I had a Guinness, then a Smithwick's (pronounced "Smitticks"). Yes, I linked to a beer. It's that good. I first had it on tap at one of our million area Irish pubs. (This particular pub is about the most authentic, as it actually brings folks over from Ireland and gives them jobs. No, it's not slavery! That's something else entirely.) Guinness only started importing Smithwick's to the United States in 2004, and now it's available at grocery stores across the region (here at least. Harris Teeter, Giant, and Safeway all have it). YUM. To quote Benjamin Franklin: Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comments:
I'll have to pick some up! I'm always looking for a new kind of liquor :)
 
Seconded. Two places here have a good selection of micros and obscure (but fantastic!) beers, so I'll look for it.

Instead of posting a reply to your hoodies question in YOUR blog, which would make sense, I replied back over at mine. And no, I'm not copying it over here. <3
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?