Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Damn Daylight Saving Time
Both dogs slept on the bed last night, but Lexi is still not into the idea of cuddling up to the newcomer, so it took some shifting around before everyone was cool. I had to sleep in the middle, with a dog on either side. Great, I'm the human buffer. More astounding was the fact that our little girl cat jumped on the bed and snuggled up to me, her desire for (affection? warmth? pets?) easily overcoming her wariness of the new dog. Buzz will now walk through the room, eying the new dog, but won't stay in the same room yet.
Every hour, Kirby is a little more bold. He discovered the kitchen, which he had previously avoided, and Lexi's food bowl, which is licked, since it was empty. He's still scared to walk down the three steps to the back door, but he has no fear at all going up them into the house, usually leading the way with Lexi behind.
Each morning when I leave for work, Lexi stands at one of the vertical windows on either side of the front door and watches me leave. This morning I looked up after starting the car to back out of the driveway and saw Lexi at one window and Kirby at the other. So he's venturing away from the sanctuary of the sofa now. I'm going to pop home for a minute at lunch to let the dogs out and make sure everything is cool.
Oh, and the title of this post comes from the fact that I awoke this morning, with a dog on either side, pinning me under the blankets, to see it was 6:45. I usually leave for work at that time. I was behind schedule this morning only because we jumped forward an hour. Hopefully my body used the extra hour of sleep to adjust and I'll be back on schedule now.
Laura comes back tonight. Yay!
Every hour, Kirby is a little more bold. He discovered the kitchen, which he had previously avoided, and Lexi's food bowl, which is licked, since it was empty. He's still scared to walk down the three steps to the back door, but he has no fear at all going up them into the house, usually leading the way with Lexi behind.
Each morning when I leave for work, Lexi stands at one of the vertical windows on either side of the front door and watches me leave. This morning I looked up after starting the car to back out of the driveway and saw Lexi at one window and Kirby at the other. So he's venturing away from the sanctuary of the sofa now. I'm going to pop home for a minute at lunch to let the dogs out and make sure everything is cool.
Oh, and the title of this post comes from the fact that I awoke this morning, with a dog on either side, pinning me under the blankets, to see it was 6:45. I usually leave for work at that time. I was behind schedule this morning only because we jumped forward an hour. Hopefully my body used the extra hour of sleep to adjust and I'll be back on schedule now.
Laura comes back tonight. Yay!
Comments:
<< Home
Oh my goodness, with time differences and all that, you leave for work at what would be, what, 4:45 in the morning, my time? CRAZY MAN.
I hope your new dog will soon become adjusted to life with awesome people such as yourselves. Happy Daylight Savings Time? That should be a damn national holiday.
Post a Comment
I hope your new dog will soon become adjusted to life with awesome people such as yourselves. Happy Daylight Savings Time? That should be a damn national holiday.
<< Home

