Wednesday, March 19, 2008
By request: Wall 'O Fame!
I'm cheating a little bit, since they're not all on one wall, but they're all in my windowless office! Pictures are:







BONUS PICTURES:


- Sam Jones and Melody Anderson from 1980 Flash Gordon movie
- Yvonne Craig (Batgirl) from the 1960s Batman show.
- John Hart was the replacement Lone Ranger for one season of the 1950s TV show when the original Lone Ranger (Clayton Moore) was fired for asking for a raise. Moore returned the following season and Hart was shown the door, just like Coy and Vance (the one-season replacement Duke boys on the Dukes of Hazard.)
- Elvis and his karate instructor Fang Rhee. Interestingly, rather than sign the big pic, in included a wallet-sized photo for free and signed that instead, so I included the inset photo in the frame.
- Kyra Schon, the little girl who (40-year-old spoiler alert!) becomes a zombie and kills her parents in the original Night of the Living Dead.
- The team of the SciFi channel show SciFi Investigates. They traveled around the country and explored Bigfoot, Roswell, Voodoo, Ghosts, etc. The team included reality television mainstay "Boston Rob" and my father-in-law's brother (which is why we have this signed picture).
- Clive Barker. Met him at Book Expo working at my last job. Nice guy. I've read a lot of his books, though not the last few. His newest is supposed to be a return to horror after a decade of other subjects, so I'll have to check it out.
- Couldn't resist getting Elvis doing one of his signature Vegas stage moves in his karate uniform.
- My Peace Corps group with Danny Glover at the American Embassy in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. Mr. Glover was in town for FESPACO, the West African Film Festival, and we were all invited to stop by the embassy for a photo-op. Then we we ushered out because we didn't mingle with the State Department crowd. We were dirty volunteers.
BONUS PICTURES:
Comments:
<< Home
So, how many of those signatures are forged? :D
Very cool collection. Much better than my windowless office with a tacked-up 1967 Memphis map I reclaimed before it could be send to Map Heaven.
... But I have a massage chair and I bet you don't, Mr. Wall o' Fame. ;)
Very cool collection. Much better than my windowless office with a tacked-up 1967 Memphis map I reclaimed before it could be send to Map Heaven.
... But I have a massage chair and I bet you don't, Mr. Wall o' Fame. ;)
One more thing: Did I not specifically say to remove the fur collar? It's a perfectly good hoodie without it. (I'm an editor, too, and it takes one to know one.)
One day, I hope to put up the multitude of signed pictures we have at Casa Baisch. 15 years of attending conventions means there's no shortage of famous/semi-famous/infamous scribblings.
Man, I don't even have an office. The only thing even resembling that is that I have is a autograph from Shigeru Miyamoto. And that's pretty nerdy.
Post a Comment
<< Home

