Monday, March 31, 2008

 

Back from Boston (pic heavy)

Four days in Boston. For work. Boston has lots to do, but since I worked all day each day, I didn't get to experience any of it.

The hotel was first class. It said so right on the hair dryer.




The view from the hotel room on the 32nd floor was nice. Prudential Building, day and night.




The convention was huge, and had animals for some reason. Penguins not sold by the pound!


Ohhh, artsy!
(Fine, just shitty auto-focus. But it looks cool.)
Flamingo makes a break for it on the convention floor.


Work-wise, the trip was a success. My just-in-from-the-printer books were a big hit with folks, and we completely sold out of one of the titles (and we had shipped hundreds of copies)! The book signings were well attended, and the authors were all very pleased with the final product (since we had just received the books the day before the conference, the authors were seeing them for the first time at the conference).

Aside from work, the trip was kind of pathetic. Working all day, grabbing lunch at the food court on the convention floor, and figuring out where to eat dinner that's walking distance from the hotel. Eating lunch alone is one thing, but going to a restaurant and eating dinner alone is a drag. If the place is halfway decent, you're the only one dining alone, and they adjust the lighting for ambiance, so it's too dark to read the book you brought along. I'm sure people do it all the time, but going to restaurants with someone else is much more enjoyable. By day three, I was in "lonely businessman" mode. Just ready to go home. Plus, I picked up an annoying cough somewhere (probably breathing the airplane air in the cramped seats of coach class. Whine).

I'm beat, and I have to go to the dentist at 8:30 tomorrow morning for a crown. I think I'll call it a day and head home after that. I'll be in no mood to go to the office.

Comments:
What a lovely hair dryer!

I hope you at least got to have some fun, other than sitting in a dark restaurant, on a date with a book that just isn't able to hold its end of the conversation.
 
Although eating alone bites the big one, did you have anything interesting to eat while you were there?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?