Tuesday, February 05, 2008

 

"Your opinion is important to us."

Talk to the (atomic powered) hand, 'cause the (Iron Man's) face don't wanna hear it!


Fingers crossed the writers strike is coming to an end and they might be able to salvage this television season. I only miss The Office, but it would also be nice to get to have the full 16-episode run of Lost, and keep the Sarah Connor Chronicles going. That show is still good. (I find it so funny that there are always people on tvsquad.com, among other places, who feel the need to add comments to the show recap such as, "I turned it off before it was over. This show sucks and I will never watch it again." Then why make the effort to go to a website, log in, and leave a comment about it? That's so far beyond the effort I would put into something that bored me. You know what I do? I quit thinking about it after I turn off something I don't like. The end. Weird.)

Yesterday after work I went to the bank and closed two accounts. We opened new accounts at a bank that agreed it was crazy to charge $6 a month just to have a checking account, and hey, why don't we just give you free checking forever instead? Yes, please. Thanks. But the person was very nice at the other bank, and I walked out with a pocketful of bills to deposit at the new bank, feeling a small thrill at having actual money in my pocket, since I rarely have anything other than the debit card to pay for anything. Cash is a novelty. I had been a little worried it would be like an awkward break-up and I'd have to give the "It's not you, it's me" speech, but it didn't come to that. My old bank seems used to getting dumped.

Comments:
Wow, you were paying for a checking account? Did they park your car for you when you made a deposit? Or did they just feel compelled to charge you?

I recently closed my Wells Fargo account for that reason. Stupid fees.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?