Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday? No, Wednesday!
Turning out to be a steadily busy week at work, so not a lot of my regular pop culture crap running through my head lately. Had to turn it off to concentrate. So just a few items of note:
Jericho is getting good. The country is split in half, with the swing vote going to Texas (damn, we're all doomed...). Conspiracies are flying, a thinly veiled Haliburton group has arrived to pass out water and sneaky contracts, and the Karl Rove looking bad guy just sent some black ops guy in to take over and basically install martial law. How the heck will they wrap up this story in five more episodes? I have no idea if this show has ANY chance of being renewed, so i hope they have a wrap-up planned. A never-to-be-resolved cliffhanger would kind of suck. Suck like the ending of Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes remake. Yes, i went there. Yuck.
What else? Oh yeah... Ancient "devil frog" may have eaten baby dinosaurs. Crazy. Here's an artist rendering (AP Photo/Illustration by Luci Betti-Nash, Dan Klores Communications). Does it remind you of anything? Perhaps something animated and all-powerful?
Do people who don't believe in dinosaurs, who think all dinosaur stories are planted in the media by the fiendish Evolutionists, see stories like this and think "Bullshit" and cross themselves? What about those who believe dinosaurs and humans roamed the planet together a few hundred years ago? Do they see this story and think, "Phew! Dodged a bullet there!" Just curious. Not picking a fight.
Oh, and to my everlasting shame, I inadvertently became "one of those people" this morning. I didn't see a pickup truck and pulled out in front of it. The driver pressed the horn for at least ten seconds, probably while cursing at me (couldn't see him; it was still dark). I floored it and got a block ahead, so no parking lot brawl ensued, but while I don't consider myself the best driver in the world (people are so damn aggressive on the roads in DC!) I do try to take care not challenge rednecks to fights with my VW Beetle. It was on a shitty stretch of road where they're building new condos, and tearing up the street, so it's all cones, barrels, metal plates, and dirt, so I can be forgiven for being a little distracted.
Jericho is getting good. The country is split in half, with the swing vote going to Texas (damn, we're all doomed...). Conspiracies are flying, a thinly veiled Haliburton group has arrived to pass out water and sneaky contracts, and the Karl Rove looking bad guy just sent some black ops guy in to take over and basically install martial law. How the heck will they wrap up this story in five more episodes? I have no idea if this show has ANY chance of being renewed, so i hope they have a wrap-up planned. A never-to-be-resolved cliffhanger would kind of suck. Suck like the ending of Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes remake. Yes, i went there. Yuck.
What else? Oh yeah... Ancient "devil frog" may have eaten baby dinosaurs. Crazy. Here's an artist rendering (AP Photo/Illustration by Luci Betti-Nash, Dan Klores Communications). Does it remind you of anything? Perhaps something animated and all-powerful?
Do people who don't believe in dinosaurs, who think all dinosaur stories are planted in the media by the fiendish Evolutionists, see stories like this and think "Bullshit" and cross themselves? What about those who believe dinosaurs and humans roamed the planet together a few hundred years ago? Do they see this story and think, "Phew! Dodged a bullet there!" Just curious. Not picking a fight.
Oh, and to my everlasting shame, I inadvertently became "one of those people" this morning. I didn't see a pickup truck and pulled out in front of it. The driver pressed the horn for at least ten seconds, probably while cursing at me (couldn't see him; it was still dark). I floored it and got a block ahead, so no parking lot brawl ensued, but while I don't consider myself the best driver in the world (people are so damn aggressive on the roads in DC!) I do try to take care not challenge rednecks to fights with my VW Beetle. It was on a shitty stretch of road where they're building new condos, and tearing up the street, so it's all cones, barrels, metal plates, and dirt, so I can be forgiven for being a little distracted.
Comments:
<< Home
You know, when you were talking about Jericho, I almost thought you were going off for a minute about the current election...I'm still not entirely unconvinced you weren't.
Post a Comment
<< Home



