Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Terminators, Dogs, Obama, Torchwood, and the Clash
Yeah, that second pic is probably misogynistic, and I imagine a psychologist could have a field day deconstructing the meaning behind the dismembered pretty girl, but she's a robot, so that should get a free pass, right?Had to record Jericho to watch after work today. Between Obama handily winning all three primaries last night and a beagle winning the Westminster Dog Show for the first time in the history of the show, there was little chance to watch the other program. And L wanted me to stay in the room so we could comment on the dogs and such. I did manage to watch Monday's Terminator yesterday afternoon, and as long as each episode has one good fight scene with little Summer beating the crap out of a big terminator, I will continue to watch and cheer. This episode introduced a little twist to the original movie (Reece, the man John Connor sent into the past to protect his mother... [and who became his father] had a brother, who John sent into the more recent past (to a point 16 years later than his brother) on a mission. And I have no problem with it being David Silver from 90210. Good for him finding work!

Because I know you're curious, I'm currently reading Torchwood: Another Life. The author has done a good job capturing the personalities and mannerisms of all the characters, which is even more impressive since the book was written as the first season was being shown and the characters hadn't developed much. I'm guessing the Torchwood book authors have close contact with the show's creators and writers. I'm also reading Joe Strummer and the Legend of The Clash. The author was a music journalist when the group was forming and he witnessed everything. The book has lots of interesting anecdotes.
Comments:
<< Home
The book? You are reading the book? You deserve two or three nerd points. Cash them in at Nintendoworld.
Post a Comment
<< Home

