Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Success (at a price)
We have a functioning kitchen light now. An electrician stopped by yesterday afternoon and fixed it. I can take comfort in the fact that never, in a million years, would I have figured out how to do it. He checked things out, then added a NINTH wire into the mass of stuff. WTF? That's why you sometimes have to pay a professional.
I hope the Sarah Connor Chronicles gets renewed for a second season. There's still a lot they can explore. It sucks that the strike cut the number of episodes for this season. But maybe it's a good thing, and when it returns in the fall they'll have lots of stories to tell.
About to start reading:
Hugo Danner is the strongest man on earth, the result of a monstrous experiment by his scientist father. Nearly invulnerable, he can run faster than a train, leap higher than trees, lift a wrecked vehicle to rescue its pinned driver, and hurl boulders like baseballs. His remarkable abilities, however, cannot gain him what he desires most—acceptance—for Hugo Danner is desperately lonely, shunned and feared for his enormous strength.
Sound like another familiar character? This book was originally published in 1930. Superman's first appearance was in Action Comics #1, published in June 1938. I can't recall how I heard about this book, but I was intrigued when I read the above blurb. I'm interested to see how the 68-year-old story holds up.
I hope the Sarah Connor Chronicles gets renewed for a second season. There's still a lot they can explore. It sucks that the strike cut the number of episodes for this season. But maybe it's a good thing, and when it returns in the fall they'll have lots of stories to tell.
About to start reading:
Hugo Danner is the strongest man on earth, the result of a monstrous experiment by his scientist father. Nearly invulnerable, he can run faster than a train, leap higher than trees, lift a wrecked vehicle to rescue its pinned driver, and hurl boulders like baseballs. His remarkable abilities, however, cannot gain him what he desires most—acceptance—for Hugo Danner is desperately lonely, shunned and feared for his enormous strength.Sound like another familiar character? This book was originally published in 1930. Superman's first appearance was in Action Comics #1, published in June 1938. I can't recall how I heard about this book, but I was intrigued when I read the above blurb. I'm interested to see how the 68-year-old story holds up.

