Sunday, February 24, 2008

 

I'm Beat(en)

Son of a bitch. Yesterday Laura was commenting on the ugly florescent light in the kitchen. "I can install a new one," I offered. I've changed lights in multiple houses, and successfully installed a ceiling fan with a remote. How tough could it be? White wire to white wire, black to black... right?

I got the light down and stared at EIGHT wires in the ceiling: four sets of black and white. Let's just cut the story short and say that after five hours and every conceivable configuration, I could not get the light to work. The closest I got was both the light and the range hood working when the light switch was off, but then the fuse tripped when I turned the light on. So that was definitely wrong.

As of now, I have the hood working, but the light will not work.

Utterly defeated, I told my wife to cal an electrician tomorrow and pay him the $50 for what he'll probably figureout in two minutes.

Aaaaaaaaaaugh!!!

Comments:
That's a terrible way to spend a Sunday! I still don't doubt your electrical abilities, if it makes you feel any better.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?