Wednesday, January 09, 2008

 

Wooooooooooooo!

Look at that shiny beauty! Considering the last one was probably installed in the 1970s, this looks a million times nicer and more modern. Of course no home improvement gig goes off without at least one hitch, and the water lines from the new faucet were 5 inches shorter than the old ones, necessitating a second trip to Home Depot to find not only extenders, but extenders with the correct ends and of the correct diameter. With close to 50 different options, I was fortunate enough to choose correctly the first time and connect the water lines with no further problems.

In "F you" news, we bought a new range hood for above the stove and want to have it vented outside, which is just a matter of cutting a hole in drywall and siding. We had someone stop by yesterday evening to give us an estimate, and he said it would be $1,200! WTF, man? He said, "This is DC." Bitch, we've used your company several times in the past, and you had been fair with the prices then. What the hell now??? Got gambling debts or a new coke habit? Oh well. Time to call Laura's pop to come by and lend a hand. He cut the hole to vent the dryer in the old house, so this should be simple. $1,200. You must be insane. I don't care if I'm calling from the White House, that's bullshit. Can I get a WTF?

WTF?!?



Thanks.

Comments:
Ha ha! Found a DIY step-by-step video: http://www.easy2diy.com/cm/easy/diy_ht_3d_index.asp?page_id=35743526

Kiss my ass with your $1,200 bill!
 
Is there a reason you have three toothbrushes when it's just the two of you living there?
 
Excellent question! I have no idea what the third brush is for. Maybe it's the dog's.
 
At first, I thought that was Barbercide in your bathroom. That necessitated a WTF already.

$1,200? For a hole? A sledgehammer only costs, like, $20.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?