Monday, January 07, 2008
Weekend Round-up
We had a relaxing weekend. Stayed in town. Saturday we went to lunch in Springfield and stopped at a small comic shop we came across. I picked up the b&w trade of Power Man and Iron Fist. Was there any better pairing in the history of the entire world? Shaft and a white Kung Fu master fighting petty crime in Harlem. Sweet Christmas!
Saturday evening I was laying on the sofa wondering what to watch on TV when the wife received a textmassage (Yeah, I meant message. Oops!) from friends of ours on the other side of DC in Maryland. Were we interested in meeting up at an Irish pub tonight? Yes indeed. We also called another friend who lives up that way and asked her to join us. Had a few Guinnesses, caught up with everyone, watched the Steelers/Jaguars game, listened to a pretty loud acoustic guitar duo, and had a few more Guinnesses. Fun night.
Sunday was for sleeping in. Quick run to the grocery store, then Laura put on a big pot of French onion soup to simmer all day and we pretty much spent the entire day on the sofa. Watched a few episodes from the season 1 Picket Fences DVDs (we're rationing them, since who knows when or if the other seasons will be released?) followed by a recap of Saturday night's Republican/Democrat debates. We're both quietly hoping Hillary will get trounced in the New Hampshire primaries and go away. Between her past with Bill and voting for the War, she's got conservatives and liberals pissed at her, and we're afraid if she's the democratic nominee, we'll have another eight years of Republicans in the White House. And the choices among the front-runners on the Republican side are sort of scary/ creepy.
Saturday evening I was laying on the sofa wondering what to watch on TV when the wife received a text
Sunday was for sleeping in. Quick run to the grocery store, then Laura put on a big pot of French onion soup to simmer all day and we pretty much spent the entire day on the sofa. Watched a few episodes from the season 1 Picket Fences DVDs (we're rationing them, since who knows when or if the other seasons will be released?) followed by a recap of Saturday night's Republican/Democrat debates. We're both quietly hoping Hillary will get trounced in the New Hampshire primaries and go away. Between her past with Bill and voting for the War, she's got conservatives and liberals pissed at her, and we're afraid if she's the democratic nominee, we'll have another eight years of Republicans in the White House. And the choices among the front-runners on the Republican side are sort of scary/ creepy.
Comments:
<< Home
Dude, if Hillary wins this thing, I am moving to Canada.
How many Guinnesses did you have? And where can I get a text massage?
How many Guinnesses did you have? And where can I get a text massage?
De: It was... Nova Comics in Springfield Plaza. First and last visit, I believe. No offense to them, but adding an automatic $1 to back issues from a month or two ago is crap. Why should I pay 33% more for issues you couldn't sell when they were new?
Lauren: I believe I had four Guinnesses, and two Smithwicks too, over a course of about 4 hours. I was feeling good at the end of the evening! Also had fish and chips.
Post a Comment
Lauren: I believe I had four Guinnesses, and two Smithwicks too, over a course of about 4 hours. I was feeling good at the end of the evening! Also had fish and chips.
<< Home

