Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Keep moving
Long time between posts! Don't start calling me Kate (C'mon, she doesn't read this!). Work has been busy this week. I have three books all coming together at the same time, which is exciting and makes me feel really productive, but it's also a lot to handle.
The cut on my finger is closing up (yay). I removed the band aid Monday evening and it started bleeding again, so I had to give it a few more days.
I did a mile on the treadmill after work yesterday. Yep, just one mile, but it was at a jog. I can't decide to go for time (at least 20 minutes) or distance (2 miles is next short-term goal). I'm just trying to get a little exercise in here and there between sitting at a desk at work and a sofa at home. I quit smoking over a year ago, so I can finally exercise and not feel like a lung is trying to work its way out of my chest. I guess I'll just try to keep a schedule of three times a week for a while and see how it feels.
Someone in my office just handed me this:

Freeze-Dried Astronaut Ice Cream. She received it in a box from NASA, no less. Those NASA folks, using ice cream as a marketing gimmick. In a roundabout way I bought this with my tax dollars, so yeah, I deserve it! Between this and GW's planned tax refund ($1,200 for a couple) we're just rolling in the spoils of government, aren't we? Woo!
The cut on my finger is closing up (yay). I removed the band aid Monday evening and it started bleeding again, so I had to give it a few more days.
I did a mile on the treadmill after work yesterday. Yep, just one mile, but it was at a jog. I can't decide to go for time (at least 20 minutes) or distance (2 miles is next short-term goal). I'm just trying to get a little exercise in here and there between sitting at a desk at work and a sofa at home. I quit smoking over a year ago, so I can finally exercise and not feel like a lung is trying to work its way out of my chest. I guess I'll just try to keep a schedule of three times a week for a while and see how it feels.
Someone in my office just handed me this:

Freeze-Dried Astronaut Ice Cream. She received it in a box from NASA, no less. Those NASA folks, using ice cream as a marketing gimmick. In a roundabout way I bought this with my tax dollars, so yeah, I deserve it! Between this and GW's planned tax refund ($1,200 for a couple) we're just rolling in the spoils of government, aren't we? Woo!
Comments:
<< Home
It's a shame that freeze-dried ice cream tastes like crap, isn't it? I had some when I was about 10. I've never craved it since.
I'm glad to hear that your finger is starting to heal. Did you need stitches?
I'm glad to hear that your finger is starting to heal. Did you need stitches?
I remember visiting the Air & Space Museum with my dad one summer and sampling the astronaut ice cream. After a bite, I threw the rest in a garbage can when he wasn't looking. Sorry Dad.
Post a Comment
<< Home

