Thursday, January 10, 2008
Going to Try
I went to the home improvement store after work yesterday with the supplies list I would need to show the world that I don't need to pay someone $1,200 for a few hours of work. It took a while to find everything, because a woman at the end of the aisle was loudly ranting about how "ever since Hechinger closed the customer service at this place has gotten awful! Someone was going to check on something for me 20 minutes ago!" Fine, you're upset, but why yell at the other people who work there? THEY didn't desert you, though they sure as hell want to now.
I finally got the attention of one of them and got him to confirm the ductwork I was holding was indeed designed for what I wanted to use it for, and not strictly for air conditioning. (It's going to be carrying warm greasy air away from the stove and outside, like when you drive by a fast food place and get a huge whiff of fries). It really makes no sense to have a range hood that simply recirculates the air. True, it has a filter on it that in theory traps the grease in the air, but it doesn't work all that well.
Anyway, boring.
I need one person to help do this job, preferably my father-in-law, or perhaps an illegal alien with extensive ductwork experience (kidding!).
Oh, if you saw season 2 of The Office, you saw the episode with the Dwight Schrute bobblehead:
Well, I have one in my office now:

I finally got the attention of one of them and got him to confirm the ductwork I was holding was indeed designed for what I wanted to use it for, and not strictly for air conditioning. (It's going to be carrying warm greasy air away from the stove and outside, like when you drive by a fast food place and get a huge whiff of fries). It really makes no sense to have a range hood that simply recirculates the air. True, it has a filter on it that in theory traps the grease in the air, but it doesn't work all that well.
Anyway, boring.
I need one person to help do this job, preferably my father-in-law, or perhaps an illegal alien with extensive ductwork experience (kidding!).
Oh, if you saw season 2 of The Office, you saw the episode with the Dwight Schrute bobblehead:
Well, I have one in my office now:

Comments:
<< Home
I just watched the Valentine's Day episode again a few weeks ago. I still get a laugh at Phyllis hauling that huge teddy bear out of the office on her back.
Post a Comment
<< Home

