Saturday, January 12, 2008
First Round is on me!

Purists who demand that beers be consumed in their proper glasses will blanch at what I picked up today. While the wife browsed dishes at the Crate & Barrel outlet, I impulse-bought the above glass. It's basically a stemless wine glass, but at 16 ounces, it's the perfect size for beer. That's a Celis White you're looking at. We also went to Cheesetique for the first time. I got a pepper cheese called Dragon's Breath and a 1/4 pound of a salami called nostrano. The sandwich I had for lunch today was awesome.
This afternoon I was in the mood to listen to some Clash, and discovered I only had five songs on the iPod. That wouldn't do, so I fixed it, including Joe Strummer's beautiful rendition of Bob Marley's Redemption Song.
It's been a great Saturday.
Comments:
<< Home
My pals swear by Cheesetique but I was not thrilled with my experience there. My pals say I'm overreacting about it but they weren't the ones treated differently.
On a positive note, the anniversary album of London Calling is awesome! Not only do you get a nearly complete album of studio recordings (in addition to a new, remastered edition of London Calling) but a DVD with a bunch of video artifacts. And remember, Rudie can't fail.
Post a Comment
On a positive note, the anniversary album of London Calling is awesome! Not only do you get a nearly complete album of studio recordings (in addition to a new, remastered edition of London Calling) but a DVD with a bunch of video artifacts. And remember, Rudie can't fail.
<< Home

