Friday, January 11, 2008
Because you demanded it!
Well, because one of you asked for an update...
While the missus, the better half, was deciding what ingredients to combine for dinner, I opened the box for the range hood and started reading the directions. I did this and that, finally stopping at step 12, which called for mounting the hood in place (Don't get dirty. Yes, I said "mount") and completing the wiring. Since the old one is still in place, and there's no hole in the wall yet, it's as far as I could go.
Since deciding where the hole goes is just a matter of holding the hood in place and tracing the rectangle opening on the wall, I'm certain I can have Laura do the outline tracing. In other words, I'm toying with the idea of doing it myself. I have the drill and the jigsaw. I can do it. Just a matter of convincing the wife of that!
= + = + = +
Oh, I wanted to share these from the moment I saw them, but I forgot. At Christmas, all the comic strips make mention of it, even if the strip isn't currently in a holiday story line. This can have unintentionally bizarre results. Here are the Christmas Eve and Christmas day strips of Dick Tracy:


While the missus, the better half, was deciding what ingredients to combine for dinner, I opened the box for the range hood and started reading the directions. I did this and that, finally stopping at step 12, which called for mounting the hood in place (Don't get dirty. Yes, I said "mount") and completing the wiring. Since the old one is still in place, and there's no hole in the wall yet, it's as far as I could go.
Since deciding where the hole goes is just a matter of holding the hood in place and tracing the rectangle opening on the wall, I'm certain I can have Laura do the outline tracing. In other words, I'm toying with the idea of doing it myself. I have the drill and the jigsaw. I can do it. Just a matter of convincing the wife of that!
= + = + = +
Oh, I wanted to share these from the moment I saw them, but I forgot. At Christmas, all the comic strips make mention of it, even if the strip isn't currently in a holiday story line. This can have unintentionally bizarre results. Here are the Christmas Eve and Christmas day strips of Dick Tracy:


Notice that on Christmas Eve, a man falls and is run over by a bulldozer. On Christmas day, in the same panel in which someone says, "Hey Mac! What's going on? Bodies are fallin' all over the place!" they included a box that says "Holiday greetings from the Tracy Crew." The next panel reveals that he's actually parked on the guy. Happy Holidays!!!
Awesome.
Awesome.
Comments:
<< Home
Running over bodies in a bulldozer is the reason for the season. That's why we snuggle up next to the fire to watch Killdozer every year.
Post a Comment
<< Home

