Wednesday, December 12, 2007

 

Might as well not fight it.

Since I'm feeling sort of blah, I decided to pick music that suited the mood. Johnny Cash? No, not feeling murderous. The blues? No, I'm not morbidly depressed, just sort of blah. Hmmmm...

I ended up picking Gram Parsons. He pretty much invented what came to be known as country rock, or alt-country. He recorded one record with the International Submarine band, one record with the Byrds, two records with the Flying Burrito Brothers, and two solo records. Unfortunately he died in 1973 of a drug overdose at age 26. But he recorded amazing duets with Emmylou Harris, including a beautiful rendition of "Love Hurts" that you can (and should!) listen to HERE. He also wore amazing embroidered suits (like the one in these pics) designed by Bobbie Nudie, who was quite a character himself. Check out the gallery of celebrities Nudie "suited up" on his official site (click his name).

Comments:
I just visited the front page of the Nudie site (hee hee) and I must have the shiny Elvis suit!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?