Friday, December 14, 2007
Ho Ho... sigh... Ho
After a side trip to the store for bows, gift bags, and tape, I wrapped all the gifts we'll be handing out to my side of the family this weekend. Only had one beer though, since it takes two hands to wrap (BOO!). I'm dosing up on caffeine this morning in anticipation of the four-hour drive ahead. With a still recovering (and frankly, cranky) wife and an excited dog, I need to stay alert.I also have to keep an eye on the weather because of course this weekend they're calling for snow, sleet, ice, rain, and who knows what else. Should make for fun driving over the mountains of Virginia. I'm hoping it stays above freezing until we make it back... and that a weekend with the family will help me relax a little (I know that sounds completely like I'm Bizarro Smacky, but what the heck, I'll try anything. Even spending time with the family!).

