Sunday, November 25, 2007
She's back and ready to fight!
Wednesday morning (about 20 minutes after my optimistic last blog post, in fact), I received a call and had to go to the emergency room (visit #3 in ten days). L had driven herself to the ER with a fever and abdominal pain. Kidney stones. Hooray! They sound like the worst. Anyway, long story short, she stayed overnight and I went to pick her up Thanksgiving morning when the last of the blood tests came back and we were allowed to leave. She slept most of the next 24 hours.Friday she was feeling much better, thanks to good meds. We had our traditional Thanksgiving (for just us two this year) Friday night. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, two kinds of pie... Yum. (And yes, my wife, newly out of the hospital, made everything. She is amazing. I told her we could do it next week when she was feeling 100% better, but she was determined, and she sent me on errands to buy things to keep me from helping in the kitchen, I suspect.)
The rest of the weekend has been watching DVDs (both the British and American versions of The Office, finishing a book (The Accidental Time Machine, which was VERY good), and taking walks with the dog. I did a tiny bit of Christmas shopping, just because I was already out and we're doing Christmas the weekend before the actual holiday with my family, so we need to finish purchases for them.
This has been one screwy year. I guess it will go down as our "roll with the punches" year. Can't believe it's almost December.
It's scary when your spouse is sick and you're powerless to make it better. Very f'ing scary.
Comments:
<< Home
Good to hear L is recovering. Kidney stones are the worst. So how's the British version of The Office.
Your wife sounds like a saint, being able to cook Thanksgiving dinner after having to go to the freaking hospital. Lucky man.
Hope your holiday season is a blast, with no more trips to the ER.
Post a Comment
Hope your holiday season is a blast, with no more trips to the ER.
<< Home

