Friday, November 16, 2007

 

Happy to see this week end

What this week sort of felt like. (I'm Rom in this scenario.)


This has been a pretty long week. I didn't mention that I spent most of last Saturday in the emergency room. I didn't mention it because I wasn't the patient and it seemed a little more personal than I want to go into here, which is ironic since a blog is supposed to be a journal for recording thoughts. I'll just say that hospitals have made a good deal of money from the insurance companies of various members of my family this year. And we're lucky to have health insurance at times like that. The good news is that every family member who has been to the hospital this year is now home recovering, including the one from Saturday.

OK, cryptic comments aside, I am looking forward to not doing much. Wife pointed out that I need a haircut (indeed I do) so I'll do that during random errand time Saturday morning.

Oh, last night I read the issue of Power Man and Iron Fist that guest-starred Rom. Rom vaporizes a prostitute, and Power Man and Iron Fist are hired by her pimp to get revenge. Let me repeat that. Hired by her pimp. When Power Man confronts Rom, he describes the dead prostitute like this: "She was friend to any man with money, and enemy to no one!" I suppose there are worse ways to be remembered, but ladies, if you're remembered like this, you were a whore. A friendly, popular whore, apparently, but still... Oh, and of course we know that Rom didn't really vaporize a prostitute. She was really a Dire Wraith, an evil shape-shifting alien that looks like this:
That's right. She really looked like that. Men (and apparently a LOT of them, based on the pimp's distraught reaction to her death) paid money to have sex with this. Yum.

The story is recapped in Chris's Invincible Super-Blog.


Vaporizing alien hookers...

It's a living.

Comments:
Don't the Dire Wraiths need love too?
 
I hope my pimp will have such touching words about me when I'm eventually vaporized.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?