Wednesday, November 14, 2007

 

Back off, bitches. There's a new sherrif in town!

Received a large box from UPS yesterday, with a complete run of ROM inside. I'm going to be busy for a while...

I was looking around for a ROM pic for this post and stumbled on a fantastic blog: Plaid Stallions: Mocking the '70s one catalog page at a time. It's awesome on so many levels:

(1) A look into what was considered fashionable in middle class America 30+ years ago.
(2) Full-color spreads of the toys of the 1970s! We used to love receiving the Sears "wish book" every fall and staring at the pages of new toys coming out: Star Wars, GI Joe, etc. I don't think Sears even makes a Christmas catalog any more. I remember the catalogs always sold multi-packs of figures, such as the 4-packs of Star Wars figs on this page.
(3) Snarky comments: Because, it is MOCKING all this too.

Comments:
Rom was a pretty good comic book (the stories still hold up fairly well today) but the toy was pretty lame. Sure, it was cool at the time but so was B.J. and the Bear.
 
Oh yeah, I agree. I have no desire to get the old toy.

A Marvel Legends version though... preferably done by Toy Biz...
would rock.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?