Tuesday, October 16, 2007

 

We don't need another hero...

Last night I convinced L to let me give her a few of her birthday presents early. Her birthday is on Thursday, but she'll be at her mom's watching her (leaving today), and I'll be three hours away doing the normal weekday at work thing, so take a gift early, right? It's lame to get them ALL late.
Among the things I gave her last night (maybe 30% of the total gifts), the most unexpected was the sock monkey. I'm a sucker for monkeys, and sock monkeys just call out to me, so I grabbed him when I saw him. Who can resist a sock monkey (I mean, unless it smells like cat urine or something)? The monkey has a heart with the letter M on his chest, so he needs a name beginning with that letter. I'm thinking "Martin" but feel free to share other suggestions.

I also got her a book of Christmas cookie recipes. She loves to cook and bake, and she has lots of time at the river between phone conferences for work and checking on her mom, so she can make some cookies. Wow, I promise it only seems like everything I got her was really for me! I also got her a knitting book, a DVD set of a TV series (only) she likes, and fancy candy I'd never eat, so there! I'm not completely selfish. Let's call it 20% and leave it at that.

* * *
In completely unrelated news, I've decided not to watch Heroes this season. I'm several weeks behind now and don't feel like catching up. I'll watch on DVD later.

Comments:
I have the episodes that have aired so far on the DVR, but I haven't watched them yet. Heck, I still have two episodes from last season I haven't watched yet. For some reason, I'm not in the mood to watch them. Inexplicably, I've been logging a lot of time with Little People, Big World lately.

As for the monkey's name, how about Mallah - as in Monsieur Mallah from the Brotherhood of Evil? Even cute monkeys are hidden wells of evil. Planet of the Apes wasn't just a good film, it was a cautionary tale.
 
That's better than my suggestion of Marcus. I'm calling everybody Marcus these days. Marcus! I love it.

Eh, I never got into Heroes. It seems interesting enough, but a little...eh...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?