Thursday, September 06, 2007

 

Yes, yes, yes!

After trading in a number of unwanted items at the local used record store, I have been walking around with a large credit to the place. I stopped in yesterday after work and browsed a bit.

You may recall that last month I purchased Kissology Volume 2 (1978-1992), mainly to get "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park." But I was also aware that certain stores were including bonus DVDs with the set, and I made sure I picked up the one with the bonus DVD of the July 8, 1979 concert at the Capital Centre in Largo, Maryland.

Volume 2 was fun enough that I found myself wanting volume 1. A little research uncovered that the first volume also contained bonus DVDs, varying depending on where the set was purchased. Again, I wanted the one with the local show at the Captial Centre, but at this point, that didn't seem likely, since only the initial run of the set came with the bonus DVD.

You know where I'm going with this yet? As I was browsing the DVDs at the store yesterday, I saw a used copy of Kissology Volume 1 (1974-1977) and picked it up. Inside, the set included the bonus disc of the December 20, 1977 concert at the Capital Centre. Awesome! $15 later (actually technically free, since I used store credit), I had both Cap Centre shows.

What's so great about the Cap Centre? I don't know, exactly. I have a few Grateful Dead shows from there as well. I guess I just like the fact that these shows took place a few miles from my house, only 20 or 30 years ago. And as you can read on Wikipedia, The arena was imploded on December 15, 2002 to make way for a shopping mall.

Comments:
A mall instead of music history? Lame!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?