Thursday, September 27, 2007
Sleeping in.
Not me, the woman at my house. Understandable, as it was 4am her time. I left her a set of house keys, the address of the U-Haul place, and the phone number of the cab company. Hopefully she'll get most of the storage place items organized before I get out of work, because the more she accomplishes now, the less I have to help later!
She arrived last night at 8:30, and said she had eaten at the airport in Phoenix and wasn't hungry. Great. I had waited for her since we had discussed having dinner when she got in. What can you do at that point? As host, you can't jump up and scream, "WELL, GUESS I'LL MAKE MYSELF SOMETHING THEN!" So I just had a beer and thought to myself that I'd just eat tomorrow. I'm one of those people that if I don't eat dinner by 9 I'm not hungry anymore and would rather not eat dinner at all. It's just the way my body works. Guess I'm not made for the French custom of finishing dinner just shy of midnight.
We watched the pilot episode of Bionic Woman, and I agree with De: It was okay. A few picky points:
- Why does everything have to be so angst-filled in programs now? "You lost your legs, one arm, one ear, and one eye, but you're fixed and now you have super powers," and she responds, "How could you do this to me?" C'mon! You have super powers now! You would have felt better with no legs and one arm? I think my response would have been, "Super powers? Cool!"
- We knew those two women were going to fight, so it's okay to trim the b.s. chat a little and get to the fight. It was like a lesbian seduction there, which I was fine with, but if they're not going to be lovers, then get to the fight!
- The balding guy's "I'm your landlord" comment. She was feeling all confident after holding her own against blonde bionic woman. She should have grabbed his nuts with her bionic hand and said, "I'm sorry, did you say something?"
I'll watch again next week, but it's not "must catch" yet.
We had more fun watching Ninja Warrior G-4. It's a Japanese show, with 100 people going through obstacles under a time limit. You can read more than you'll ever want to know about it here. It was fun having someone to talk to and have a few beers with, so, yay for sister-in-laws!
Comments:
<< Home
It's that time again where I date myself considerably and earn my title as King of the Dorks....
In the first Six Million Dollar Man TV movie, Steve Austin is very much full of angst before and after he receives his bionic parts. He's more or less over it by the time he goes on his desert mission in the second half. In The Return of the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman, Steve's son is also very angst-ridden upon learning he's been given bionics and attends psychotherapy sessions as a result (administered by Jaime Sommers). The only person not angst-ridden upon receiving bionic parts was Kate, the woman played by a young Sandra Bullock in The Bionic Showdown.
In the first Six Million Dollar Man TV movie, Steve Austin is very much full of angst before and after he receives his bionic parts. He's more or less over it by the time he goes on his desert mission in the second half. In The Return of the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman, Steve's son is also very angst-ridden upon learning he's been given bionics and attends psychotherapy sessions as a result (administered by Jaime Sommers). The only person not angst-ridden upon receiving bionic parts was Kate, the woman played by a young Sandra Bullock in The Bionic Showdown.
Oh yeah, if you're watching Ninja Warrior, are you by chance watching Code Monkeys? I admit that it's juvenile but it makes me laugh.
Post a Comment
<< Home

