Thursday, September 20, 2007

 

A little too relaxed around here

For years now, the cats have consistently woken me up around 6am, when I need to get up and get ready for work. It's when I feed them, so they're trained to make noise at 6am. That is, until recently, with Laura and the dog out of the house for extended periods of time. Now the cats don't seem to know what day it is. The dog being gone always means it's the weekend. As a result, I've woken up at 7 the last two days, with the cats still sleeping happily at the foot of the bed. If this keeps up, I'll actually have to figure out how to use the alarm clock, which I haven't needed since 2002.

We'll all be happy when things finally get back to normal. Last night I had leftover pizza and heated up a green been casserole. I must be a totally vitamin deprived bachelor, because the casserole was so good (with those french fried onions on top) that I had thirds. Yes, I know you don't care what I'm eating. In fact someone wrote a book saying that: No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog, which is a great title for what looks like a dumb book (blogging for dummies, in other words). I have no idea how I stumbled across that book, by the way. I think it was one of those "Amazon customers who purchased this product also purchased..." and that book popped up. I was probably browsing something completely unrelated, like an old Jackie Chan DVD.

Comments:
Isn't that the point of a blog? To have your own narcissistic e-shrine? If you want to post about your casserole, bring it on, friend! Actually, that sounds pretty good...
 
I too am curious about this casserole. Was this made by you or L? Or was it made by that old lady down the street you helped move crap out of her basement last summer?
 
L, the little french fried onions TOTALLY make that dish!

HAHA, De. No, it was actually a frozen item made by Bob Evans, of all freaky things. But it was purchased by Laura for me before she left. I never would have picked it out, but DAMN! IT WAS GOOD. (We really need to get together for dinner sometime. I owe you a meal, and me getting so excited over a green bean casserole shows I'm hurting for a decent meal!)

Good memory on weird lady down the street. No, after I had my obligatory dinner with her, I haven't even seen her on the street since. Weird...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?