Wednesday, September 12, 2007

 

Fun while it lasted

Sheesh. I knew this day was coming. L's mother is having another surgery, so we're back on the "don't know when I'll see you again" schedule of marriage.

Yesterday suddenly went from an "okay, nothing exciting" day to a crappy day. Wife called, lost her car keys in the grocery store. Couldn't find them. I brought her the extra key, and as I was walking back to my car, noticed the right rear tire was completely flat. I pumped it up (yep, I had a pump in the trunk of my car. I'm occasionally prepared!) and drove to the tire place. Punchline: I now have four new tires (I still had the original tires from when the car was new eight years ago, so I can't complain they didn't last.). But ouch.

While I was waiting for them to install the tires, wife came to meet me and we went to dinner. Four hours later, I couldn't keep dinner down, and it felt like someone kicked me in the abdomen. Feel better this morning, so that's something.

Hoping the rest of the week is better. I'll settle for ho-hum uneventful! I don't need any more of this kind of excitement.

Comments:
That's crap. I hope your MIL will be okay.

And I envy you. I'd rather be constantly reminded of 9/11 than have to replace every tire on my car every 7 months.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?