Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Internet and Real World Collide!
Driving home from the grocery store with tuna salad and pita bread yesterday afternoon, I received a phone call. Who could be calling me? It was De (AKA "Scourge of Tourists")! He identified himself as Aldo Kelrast (whose entire AMAZING story can be read HERE!) He asked me what my plans were for dinner, and I glanced over at the tuna salad, immediately accepting his offer to meet up and have something not tuna salad.I had a 1950's businessman's lunch for dinner: steak, asparagus, mashed potatoes, two beers,
pie, and three cups of coffee. I woke up with a food hangover! (Plus, what the hell was I thinking with THREE cups of coffee? It was 1am before I could get to sleep!)
pie, and three cups of coffee. I woke up with a food hangover! (Plus, what the hell was I thinking with THREE cups of coffee? It was 1am before I could get to sleep!)But you're not interested in the meal, are you? No, you want all the gossipy details: what did he
wear, what did you talk about, will you see each other again? Okay, vultures, here it is: He was dressed like a casual meteorologist (khakis and oxford shirt; Sorry ladies, no bow tie!), we discussed a bunch of geeky things (like our blogs, but in podcast format, and no, we didn't record it. Maybe next time), and yes, we will do it again sometime, but I think I'll pass on dessert and coffee next time. My body was in shock last night!
wear, what did you talk about, will you see each other again? Okay, vultures, here it is: He was dressed like a casual meteorologist (khakis and oxford shirt; Sorry ladies, no bow tie!), we discussed a bunch of geeky things (like our blogs, but in podcast format, and no, we didn't record it. Maybe next time), and yes, we will do it again sometime, but I think I'll pass on dessert and coffee next time. My body was in shock last night! Yep, it was a hoot seeing an Internet pal, and I'm thankful he saved me from eating tuna salad alone while my cats watched longingly.
"And a good time was had by all"*
*Actual events may differ from those depicted in pictures above.
Comments:
<< Home
Wait, if Aldo's dead, then....nah, couldn't be.
I love the graphic-novelish-layout :) You crack me up, Mr. Smacky.
I love the graphic-novelish-layout :) You crack me up, Mr. Smacky.
You weren't the only one with a food hangover. It was pretty hard getting up this morning with 9 ounces of steak and that giant ice cream-covered brownie in my gut.
It was awesome finally meeting you in person. Next time, I'll bring all that stuff I owe you.
It was awesome finally meeting you in person. Next time, I'll bring all that stuff I owe you.
Hey, I have a bunch of questions concerning college and editing as a career that I wanted to ask you, but I don't have your email address. Would you mind if I did some sort of an email interview on what you do for a living? If so, pretty please email me at wowenmundo@gmail.com
Cheers!
Post a Comment
Cheers!
<< Home

