Thursday, May 31, 2007
Yay!
I had a fun evening, despite the fact that poor wife had to work on a proposal due the next day. Our satellite provider started carrying the Tennis Channel, with five different channels carrying live coverage of the French Open. Tennis is the only sport I can watch on television. I saw #1 ranked Justine Henin beat Tamira Paszek. I had to google the match to find Tamira's name and came across this picture:

Doesn't it look like she put her dress on backwards?
(From an original article here: http://www.oe24.at/zeitung/sport/mehr_sport/article121353.ece)
Let's back up a few hours. After work I went to Home Depot to purchase a pair of hedge clippers. You'd think that such a simple tool, as old as reruns of the Flintstones, would be easy to find. I wanted a pair with wooden handles. I had previously purchased a new-fangled pair with metal handles, but the handles join the blades with a plastic ring, and the damn plastic ring broke and a handle fell off, making them useless. The store had 20 kinds of clippers with metal handles, but only one with wooden handles. And I had to dig behind some boxes to find them, but I did and they made me happy.
Since I was in the area, I went next door to Barnes & Noble and browsed for a few minutes and hit the jackpot:
The Journals of Jack Kerouac 1947-1954. It was in the clearance section for only $5.00. For the hardback first edition! It's going for over $30 on Amazon.
Incidentally, if you've never read On the Road, you really should. That book gives you wanderlust.

Doesn't it look like she put her dress on backwards?
(From an original article here: http://www.oe24.at/zeitung/sport/mehr_sport/article121353.ece)
Let's back up a few hours. After work I went to Home Depot to purchase a pair of hedge clippers. You'd think that such a simple tool, as old as reruns of the Flintstones, would be easy to find. I wanted a pair with wooden handles. I had previously purchased a new-fangled pair with metal handles, but the handles join the blades with a plastic ring, and the damn plastic ring broke and a handle fell off, making them useless. The store had 20 kinds of clippers with metal handles, but only one with wooden handles. And I had to dig behind some boxes to find them, but I did and they made me happy.
Since I was in the area, I went next door to Barnes & Noble and browsed for a few minutes and hit the jackpot:
The Journals of Jack Kerouac 1947-1954. It was in the clearance section for only $5.00. For the hardback first edition! It's going for over $30 on Amazon.Incidentally, if you've never read On the Road, you really should. That book gives you wanderlust.
Comments:
<< Home
Hey pally. Just wanted to drop a quick note to tell you I saw Hot Fuzz last night. It's a very disjointed film, but I think that was the point.
Let's get together for dinner or something sometime this week.
Let's get together for dinner or something sometime this week.
You can't watch Nascar on tv? I'm just kidding. Nascar isn't a sport.
Sweet that you got an awesome new book for so cheap! I love finds like that :)
Post a Comment
Sweet that you got an awesome new book for so cheap! I love finds like that :)
<< Home

