Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Hummus and Heroes
Well, day two of bachelorhood. Wifey had predicted I'd order a pizza Monday night, have leftover pizza twice on Tuesday, Chinese takeout on Wednesday, and just give up completely and have fast food on Thursday. I'm bucking expectations by actually making an effort. Yesterday after work I stopped at Wholefoods and got a variety of items. Last night I had Lebanese: tabbouleh, baba ganoush, hummus, and pita. Today for lunch I'm having a chicken sandwich and potato salad. So, hahaha!
Last night's season finale of Heroes was very good. I refuse to get pulled in to the comic book geek venom on some forums: "Why didn't Peter just fly away himself?!?" How about "Because he was using all his concentration trying not to explode!" If the writers are determined, there are a multitude of ways both brothers could have survived. Nathan could have flown very high and dropped his brother, flying out of the blast area to safety. And we know Peter should be able to put the pieces of himself together again, so he could live too. And since they didn't show any bodies, the first rule of a comic book (or any mystery) is if there isn't a body, the character could very well be alive somewhere. And the second rule of a comic book is "Even if you see a body, dead doesn't always mean dead. Just look at Superman, Hal Jordon, Bucky Barnes, Oliver Queen, and Jason Todd. (And trust me, look at Steve Rogers in a year. Captain America will not stay dead. His story will be just a Marvel version of DC's Knightfall.)
Last night's season finale of Heroes was very good. I refuse to get pulled in to the comic book geek venom on some forums: "Why didn't Peter just fly away himself?!?" How about "Because he was using all his concentration trying not to explode!" If the writers are determined, there are a multitude of ways both brothers could have survived. Nathan could have flown very high and dropped his brother, flying out of the blast area to safety. And we know Peter should be able to put the pieces of himself together again, so he could live too. And since they didn't show any bodies, the first rule of a comic book (or any mystery) is if there isn't a body, the character could very well be alive somewhere. And the second rule of a comic book is "Even if you see a body, dead doesn't always mean dead. Just look at Superman, Hal Jordon, Bucky Barnes, Oliver Queen, and Jason Todd. (And trust me, look at Steve Rogers in a year. Captain America will not stay dead. His story will be just a Marvel version of DC's Knightfall.)
Comments:
<< Home
I think you'd be more of a frozen waffles and canned soup guy. It's awesome that you can cook.
I love comic books for that reason, that the plot can twist with no real reason at all. Wouldn't it be just terrible if they died anyway, just to mess with people, but came back as zombies or something.
Man, I love zombies...
Post a Comment
I love comic books for that reason, that the plot can twist with no real reason at all. Wouldn't it be just terrible if they died anyway, just to mess with people, but came back as zombies or something.
Man, I love zombies...
<< Home

