Tuesday, May 08, 2007
The adult PB & J
I rediscovered recently what your mother has been saying since you were a little kid: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. (And by the way, please ask your mother to quit calling me. It's getting really awkward coming up with excuses why I can't to see her!)
Anyway, I've found that if I actually ate a little something in the morning, I'm more focused at work in the late morning. I decided to start making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The usual grape jelly and JIF got boring very fast, but it occurred to me that I'm an adult now, so I can make any sort of sandwich I want. Yay for being an adult!
Since I needed to stop and pick up allergy meds for the wife yesterday evening, I perused the condiment aisle. Score: I found mango jam (and the first ingredient is mango, not sugar!), black cherry preserves, and certified organic peanut butter. Those items and a loaf of honey wheat bread, and I had all the makings of my 21st century PB & J.
I'm very happy, though I have even less reason to be proud of myself than I did about yesterday's accomplishment.
Anyway, I've found that if I actually ate a little something in the morning, I'm more focused at work in the late morning. I decided to start making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The usual grape jelly and JIF got boring very fast, but it occurred to me that I'm an adult now, so I can make any sort of sandwich I want. Yay for being an adult!
Since I needed to stop and pick up allergy meds for the wife yesterday evening, I perused the condiment aisle. Score: I found mango jam (and the first ingredient is mango, not sugar!), black cherry preserves, and certified organic peanut butter. Those items and a loaf of honey wheat bread, and I had all the makings of my 21st century PB & J.
I'm very happy, though I have even less reason to be proud of myself than I did about yesterday's accomplishment.
Comments:
<< Home
That's what my mother always says, too. So I just skip lunch.
I'll tell her to quit calling, but you know how she is.
Post a Comment
I'll tell her to quit calling, but you know how she is.
<< Home

