Tuesday, April 24, 2007

 

Yay for scripted television

The episode of Drive last night was pretty good. The best part was the demonstration that the organizers of the race do not play around: When you are eliminated, you are eliminated. No trying to get back into the race. A big-ass truck saw to that.

Heroes was good too: plot advanced, characters moved about, one died and returned, one died and didn't.

Just started this:
After finishing this:


Comments:
I have yet to read a single Doctor Who novel. Was it any good?
 
In my limited experience, there are some very good Doctor Who novels out there. In the new series, I enjoyed "Winner Take All." It's a ninth doctor story, with Rose and Micky, set on Earth in Rose's time (actually set in Rose and Mickey's apartment block).

Another fun one is "Resurrection Casket." It has the 10th doctor and Rose, pirates, and a very polite monster.

I read an old one recently about daleks in the future sending assassins to the past to murder someone who would have prevented a huge world war. By changing the past, the daleks would rule the future while the planet was in ruins. I think it must have been the 3rd doctor. It had Jo and UNIT in it. (Picked it up for a buck at used book store).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?