Monday, April 30, 2007
Weekend roundup
We had a fun weekend. Saturday morning Laura wanted to go to a French crepes place for breakfast so we did that. I was looking over their menu and asked on a whim if they were offering everything on the menu now, or just the breakfast crepes. Well, the waitress said they had the full menu, and that's how I ended up eating steak and fries at 10am on a Saturday. Awesome.
My wife has gotten into Gilmore Girls recently, watching the first season on DVD to see how she'd like it. She loved it, and decided she must watch them all. I remembered seeing that Target was having a sale on the Gilmore Girls seasons: $22 each, which is over 50% off. She was giddy to hear that, so after breakfast we stopped in and she picked up seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. She felt a little guilty, so she also grabbed something I had been eyeing but felt it was a bit of an extravagance: Season 2 of Twin Peaks. Saturday afternoon I did a little lawn work and watched three episodes of Twin Peaks, stopping after the Laura Palmer storyline wrapped up. Though it was part of season two, it's really the conclusion of season 1. After that they delve into the Windom Earle story, the former partner of Agent Cooper who wants him dead.Saturday night we played two games of Scrabble. I lost the first one by two points, and in the second I was slaughtered by at least 40 points. Ouch.
Sunday morning: When the power went off at 7, we both woke up at the same time and looked at each other. We decided to just get up, pick up the Sunday paper and go to the diner for pancakes.
During breakfast she asked if we had a blender at this house or if it was at the river house. This conversation resulted in me being sent to the store to pick up a $20 blender, bag of ice, and pina colada mix. Yep, we spent Sunday afternoon sipping tropical drinks. She has very good ideas sometimes. 
