Sunday, March 18, 2007

 

Sigh

I've been sort of sad and angry and depressed all at once the last three or four days. I guess I just have "liberal frustration." I've been pissed about the government, so fucking sure that "success" in Iraq is just around the corner, if we could only pour a few billion more dollars and maybe a thousand or so more young men into the mix. Then a middle eastern country will do something it's never done in its entire history: It will embrace the western ideal of democracy. What a crock of shit. A democracy surrounded by...

OK. See? See how thinking about it can just set me off? I surprised myself by getting a little weepy eyed when I tried to explain my mood to Laura.

I feel a bit better today after snuggling with my honey, some good Chinese food, and a Wonderfalls marathon.

There's a reason I usually choose the cartoons over the news.

Comments:
Sponge Bob will fix anything, I seriously suggest you watch it at least 2 hours/day :) Hope you feel better.

Hugs, buddy.
 
Pretty much the only time we watch the news is when there's snow coming or already falling. Nothing starts a day better than watching the local anchors act like Armageddon is waiting outside your window.

When you run out of Wonderfalls episodes, check out Channel 257 on DirecTV - Chiller. They show a buttload of Night Gallery and Alfred Hitchcock Presents every day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?