Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Random good things
Not much has happened since Sunday, but I'm tired of seeing a mopey post leading off the blog, so I feel I have to post something...
(1) Movies I'm looking forward to seeing again when they come out on DVD in the next few weeks: Solarbabies, Night of the Comet, and Looker.
(2) We've been watching reruns of Match Game from the 1970s on the Game Show Network. We actually TiVo them to watch together. That show is a freaking time capsule, all polyester, plaid, and sexual innuendo.
(3) Today would have been Mr. Fred Rogers' 80th birthday.
(4) One reason to like Mondays: http://www.dead.net/view/tapers, from The Grateful Dead's official site. Every Monday they dig into the vaults and post free MP3s from concerts performed that week (from the '60s through the '90s). I've gotten some great songs this way. I know some people complain that the Dead took the full shows off all the sites, but I don't blame them. Since they stopped touring when Jerry Garcia died, most of their income has to come from selling their recordings. If they can sell a CD set of a show, let them do it. You're already saving money by not going to see their shows, so suck it up. (I find full shows of the Grateful Dead sort of boring, actually. I'd rather just hear some of my favorites from them.)
(5) Tomorrow is the first day of spring!
(1) Movies I'm looking forward to seeing again when they come out on DVD in the next few weeks: Solarbabies, Night of the Comet, and Looker.
(2) We've been watching reruns of Match Game from the 1970s on the Game Show Network. We actually TiVo them to watch together. That show is a freaking time capsule, all polyester, plaid, and sexual innuendo.
(3) Today would have been Mr. Fred Rogers' 80th birthday.
(4) One reason to like Mondays: http://www.dead.net/view/tapers, from The Grateful Dead's official site. Every Monday they dig into the vaults and post free MP3s from concerts performed that week (from the '60s through the '90s). I've gotten some great songs this way. I know some people complain that the Dead took the full shows off all the sites, but I don't blame them. Since they stopped touring when Jerry Garcia died, most of their income has to come from selling their recordings. If they can sell a CD set of a show, let them do it. You're already saving money by not going to see their shows, so suck it up. (I find full shows of the Grateful Dead sort of boring, actually. I'd rather just hear some of my favorites from them.)
(5) Tomorrow is the first day of spring!

