- So a panda farts in China and our stock market falls 400 points in an afternoon. Have I got that right?
- Holy crap the final episode of the season with Doctor Who #9 kicks ass. On the special effects level, on the emotional level, on the quotable line level. Wow. I'm so glad he found his way to Heroes here in the States.
- I found a full show by Cracker, recorded on April 18, 1991. That year (in the fall) I probably saw Cracker at least three times. Going to school in northern Virginia, the band stopped at our college every time they passed through between DC and their home base in Richmond.
- Yes, Lauren, I was in college in 1991, a freshman. Please don't tell me how old you were then. Six? Five? Two?
- Damn, this is an odd one: I just read about a band. A bunch of white guys who met in college in North Carolina. They traveled to West Africa three times, including a long stay in Mali to play with local musicians. Now they make West African music that sounds really good. The best part is the band's name: Toubab Krewe. ("Toubab" is the Djula (A West African local language) word for "whitey." Little kids chanted it me on the streets as I rode by on my bicycle in Africa. Really drives the point home that you're a foreigner!) You can hear their music on their site, www.toubabkrewe.com.
- Do any geeks out there know if Torchwood is coming to America any time? Or do you know where I can watch the episodes? I had heard the show's name but didn't realize it was the continuing adventures of Captain Jack, and now I really want to see it.
# posted by smacky @ 11:31 AM