Friday, February 09, 2007
Feeling Lost, Grooving Tricky
I liked this week's return of Lost, with a few minor exceptions. I don't feel up to a full analysis, so I'll just point you to Lost... And Gone Forever, where this guy has posted a long, extremely detailed recap, with screen grabs from the episode's freakier moments.
What else has happened this week? I'm finishing a book that shouldn't take this long to finish. No excuse for it, except I get tempted by reruns of Scrubs, a show I've ignored for six seasons. Now all the episodes are new to me, and funny.
Speaking of being behind the curve of popularity, I picked up Maxinquaye by Tricky the other day. Released in 1995, I'm only now discovering it. A few of the tracks I already knew, thanks to a mix tape someone sent me when I was in Africa. I played the tape endlessly for a year, but I lost the insert with the song titles and artists' names, so I just knew them as "that song that goes da-dada-da" and so on. I suppose "trip-hop," as it's described, is now passe, but it's still an amazing CD. It sounds like the music that would play in the taxi in Paris, as you ride home with a mysterious good looking stranger you met at the club, someone who may become a lover or an enemy. Ohh, how poetic for a Friday morning!
We're staying in town again this weekend. Going out to dinner with one of the wife's sisters and sister's husband tonight. Saturday is looking open though. Any ideas?
What else has happened this week? I'm finishing a book that shouldn't take this long to finish. No excuse for it, except I get tempted by reruns of Scrubs, a show I've ignored for six seasons. Now all the episodes are new to me, and funny.
Speaking of being behind the curve of popularity, I picked up Maxinquaye by Tricky the other day. Released in 1995, I'm only now discovering it. A few of the tracks I already knew, thanks to a mix tape someone sent me when I was in Africa. I played the tape endlessly for a year, but I lost the insert with the song titles and artists' names, so I just knew them as "that song that goes da-dada-da" and so on. I suppose "trip-hop," as it's described, is now passe, but it's still an amazing CD. It sounds like the music that would play in the taxi in Paris, as you ride home with a mysterious good looking stranger you met at the club, someone who may become a lover or an enemy. Ohh, how poetic for a Friday morning!We're staying in town again this weekend. Going out to dinner with one of the wife's sisters and sister's husband tonight. Saturday is looking open though. Any ideas?
Comments:
<< Home
I always say kill hookers when there's nothing left to do, but meh.
I, too, have lately been watching Scrubs all the time. It's on for like six hours a day on Comedy Central.
Post a Comment
I, too, have lately been watching Scrubs all the time. It's on for like six hours a day on Comedy Central.
<< Home

