Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

Whew!

Busy week. I've gone over to the other house every evening and organized things by myself, as Laura has been working evenings on a big project for work (don't envy her work, so I'm gladly doing the housework). Even when you think you didn't leave much in the house, there's always more. A forgotten cabinet in the kitchen with some dishes in it. Do we need them? Donate? Quietly chuck them in the garbage? Cleaning supplies: I made the rule that it had to have at least 75% left in the bottle or it was trash.

I think I can almost finish tonight with one last fit of trashing and boxing things up. We'll still need to rent a truck to get two large items that won't fit in the car: a table and some patio furniture. Hopefully the new owners will take us up on our offer and choose to keep the items we offered them: a futon, a dresser, and a sofa. That will be three less things to take to Goodwill, and one less load for the truck. I'll know by Monday if they want them.

Last night when I got home after trip number two to the house, unloading the car for a second time, I sank my sore body into a chair and both cats hopped on me, one on my lap and one across my legs. Then the dog sat at my feet and pressed her head against my leg so I could pet her. Laura stopped working and made a great dinner, then returned to the computer. I cleaned up the kitchen, then cleaned myself up.

Comments:
I feel your pain - literally. Unless Em divorces me, I shouldn't have to do this sort of thing ever again.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?