Friday, December 15, 2006
I'm not hard to shop for
My wife likes to say I'm hard to shop for, but that's complete b.s. and she knows it. I've got a multitude of silly interests, any of which can be sated for less than $20:(1) Films of Bruce Campbell: Maniac Cop just came out on DVD, with a commentary by the man himself!
(2) Films of Jackie Chan: Oaky, this guy is in a million movies, and many of them have been released in America under different titles, so I can understand if this is confusing. His latest is an Asian release called Rob-B-Hood.
(3) Superheroes: Vague, and I know this can be dangerous ground to try to walk. Does smacky like Superman? Batman? Spiderman? The answer is "yes," and I've never purchased any movie with those characters, knowing that someone in my family or Laura's family would get it for me for Christmas. It's always a safe bet. Sometimes I get multiple copies even.
(4) Music: C'mon, you know music is a passion of mine. Sure, the "Which band does smacky like this week?" game can get old fast, so don't try to keep up. It's why God invented gift cards!
I also have an Amazon wish list for convenience, which some might say takes the excitement out of it, but I generally put things on that list that I wouldn't normally buy for myself, so receiving any item from the list is a treat. Besides, when you've got some family members you see two or three times a year and have no idea what to get them, the Amazon list is the surest way to ensure they get something they genuinely want. My wife's sisters have wish lists, and clicking and sending with Amazon prime free 2-day shipping is the easiest thing in the world.
Oh, and since I'm sure you're dying to know, I made a new playlist called SOLD THAT HOUSE! and tried to pick upbeat, happy songs (or songs that made me feel upbeat and happy). It has 255 songs in it, so I'll spare you the entire list. Here are the first 20:
(1) Robbie Williams: The '90s
(2) Rosanne Cash: The Wheel
(3) Olivia Newton-John: Xanadu
(4) Air: Surfing on a Rocket
(5) Whigfield: Big Time
(6) Fleetwood Mac: Don't Stop
(7) Sophie Ellis Bextor: Take Me Home
(8) Garbage: Right Between the Eyes
(9) Paul Weller: Uh-Huh, Oh Yeh
(10) Style Council: My Ever Changing Moods
(11) Big Country: In a Big Country
(12) Los Pacaminos: My My My
(13) The The: That Was the Day
(14) Weezer: Buddy Holly
(15) Puffy AmiYmi: Planet Tokyo
(16) Trash Can Sinatra: All the Dark Horses
(17) Eurythmics: When Tomorrow Comes
(18) Jimmy Buffett: Lovely Cruise
(19) Tom Petty: Runnin' Down a Dream
(20) Melanie C: Go!
Feel free to mock. It also has Spice Girls, Queen, and Duran Duran songs on the playlist if the ones above aren't goofy enough for ya.
